Wimbledon’s signature cocktail is the “Pimm’s Cup,” a refreshing and light drink that’s perfect for summer events and tennis matches. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 oz Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur
- 3-4 oz lemonade or ginger ale (traditionally lemonade is used) I like to use San Pellegrino lemonade soda (love the fizziness)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced oranges
- Sliced lemons
- Start by preparing the fruit and mint. Wash the cucumber, strawberries, oranges, and lemons thoroughly. Slice them into thin rounds. Take a few fresh mint leaves and lightly bruise them between your fingers to release their flavor.
- In a tall glass or a Pimm’s Cup glass (a highball glass), add a handful of ice cubes. The ice will keep your drink chilled and refreshing.
- Add a few slices of each fruit (cucumber, strawberries, oranges, and lemons) into the glass over the ice.
- Pour the Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur over the fruit and ice. Pimm’s No. 1 is a gin-based liqueur with a distinctive herbal and spiced flavor. It’s the key ingredient that gives the cocktail its unique taste.
- Next, add the lemonade or ginger ale to the glass. The traditional choice is lemonade, but ginger ale adds a slightly different twist to the drink. Adjust the amount of lemonade or ginger ale to your taste preference and the size of the glass.
- Give the cocktail a gentle stir to mix the ingredients together.
- Finally, garnish the drink with more fresh mint leaves. You can also add a slice of cucumber or a strawberry on the rim of the glass for an extra touch of elegance.
- Serve the Pimm’s Cup immediately while it’s still chilled and garnish with a cocktail straw for easy sipping.
Enjoy the classic and refreshing Pimm’s Cup while watching Wimbledon or any other summer event. It’s a delightful drink that captures the essence of British summertime and tennis traditions!
Shop the products below!
Share your cocktail in the comments below or tag me on instagram @alexandriaortizz
Thanks for stopping by!