Hello guys! I hope everyone is doing well and pushing through the week. This year I was surprised to learn that Abilene is still having the annual West Texas Fair and Rodeo despite what’s going on in the world… but I AM SO THRILLED the fair is still happening. I have so many childhood memories of eating candy apples, popcorn, and cotton candy! The fair in Abilene has always been the highlight of the fall season along with high school football! Go Eagles!
I grew up in Abilene, TX but now reside in Fort Worth. I LOVE going back to Abilene because it’s the perfect day trip from Fort Worth. It’s the easiest drive and only takes two hours. I appreciate the fair a-lot more this year because the State Fair of Texas in Dallas is cancelled this year. Major BUMMER. You can still order food to-go but everything else has been cancelled. Can you believe it!
Sooo…. When is the West Texas Fair & Rodeo you ask?
- The West Texas Fair & Rodeo is for two whole weeks this year. September 4 -19, 2020
Where do I purchase tickets?
- You can purchase tickets by visiting their website https://www.taylorcountyexpocenter.com/p/tickets–deals
Soooo… when I learned Abilene was still having their fair I was so stoked I couldn’t wait to go! I love getting dressed up for a certain occasion and couldn’t wait to put on my cowboy boots. lol
SHOP MY OUTFIT & GET THE LOOK!
Below you will find Five Things You Should Do at the West Texas Fair & Rodeo!
Five Things To Do at the Fair
- Take pictures in front of the Carousel
- Visit the Livestock in the new First Financial Pavilion
- Attend the RODEO! THE 2020 West Texas Fair PRCA Rodeo – Dates available are below. All shows start at 7:30 PM Purchase tickets here.
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- Saturday, September 12, 2020
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Friday, September 18, 2020
- Saturday, September 19, 2020
- Attend BULL NIGHT on September 15, 2020 (This event is on a Tuesday evening) Purchase tickets here
- Attend the Kevin Fowler concert on Saturday, September 19th. Tickets are only $11.50. Purchase tickets here.
The West Texas Fair & Rodeo is the perfect excuse to get out of the house and enjoy some Texas fun! If you aren’t a local Abilenian and if you live in the DFW area then it’s the perfect excuse to get out of town for a little bit! The Fair is literally on the edge of town and you will see the rides as you exit off of I-20. It’s soooo fun and I promise you will have a great time! There’s so much to do like check out the rides, look at the local art exhibits, enjoy country music, and visit all the livestock.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I hope I persuaded you to attend the West Texas Fair & Rodeo! Yeeehaww! lol Don’t forget to follow me on instagram to stay up to-do-date with all my adventures. @alexandriaortizz