Hey everyone! Today on the blog I want to share my favorite Holiday Sangria recipe with you all. It’s the perfect drink to sip on while you ring in the new year!
All ingredients for this recipe are all from Trader Joe’s!
I hope you enjoy!
• 1 – 2 bottles of red wine. I like to use Cab or Red Wine Blend from @TraderJoes
• 3 blood oranges (regular oranges will work just fine) I just prefer the sweetness and color more.
• 2 apples
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• Cranberry juice – I like to make my own cranberry juice. I use 1 cup cranberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Mix all ingredients in saucepan on medium high till cranberries burst. Strain and keep in mason jars.
- Use a large pitcher. The one I used is from Target!
- Slice up oranges into slices and cubes.
- Next, slice up apples in cubes.
- Place all fruit into pitcher and add cinnamon sticks.
- Then pour the whole bottle of wine into pitcher.
- Next pour half of a cup of cranberry juice. Mix all ingredients together slightly and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight. If you make this sangria the day before and leave in the fridge, then the flavors of the cinnamon sticks really enhance the drink.
If you decide you can’t wait, then I suggest leaving the pitcher in the fridge for at least one hour! It’s soo good this way. I love how the wine gets a little bit sweeter but not too sweet…. And the fruit is spectacular!
Serve with lots ice and enjoy! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Tag me in your pics! @alexandriaortizz
My drink ware is from Williams Sonoma! And on sale for only $3.99! Reg. $14.95